Chalkboard

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Super Fun Weekend


Things have been pretty bananas at school lately and living the life of a doctoral student pretty much means I don’t have nights or weekends. It is definitely a job that I take home with me and have to devote hours to outside of the classroom. Even though I’m doing something I really like and I have insanely flexible hours, I get pretty darn jealous of people who get to enjoy their weekends without worrying about all of the papers they should be reading or the statistic homework they should be doing. All this is to say, I love it when I get to have a full weekend away from school and really get it enjoy myself and that’s what I did this past weekend. 

It started off Friday morning when I went to my 100th Pure Barre class and got to join the 100 tuck club! It’s a pretty big accomplishment in the PB world and I’m proud of myself for sticking to something for so long. 
I even made it to Pure Barre Auburn's Facebook page!


My special 100 tuck club grippy socks
After PB I went to school to get some work done before driving up to Atlanta for the 2nd annual Shoot the ‘Hooch weekend. This is a tradition some of my high school friends started last year as a way for everyone to get together for a little reunion once a year. We are all kind of all over the place right now in terms of both geographical distance and life stages, and that’s why it’s so nice to get together and enjoy each others company for a few days. We’re all incredibly silly and have a ridiculously fun time when we get together. To check out some pictures and a full recap of the weekend’s events, head on over the Caitlyn’s awesome blog.

I also got to meet up with my sis in Atlanta to attend a bridal show. The show was kind of a bust but we stumbled across a huge bridal store and she picked out our bridesmaids dresses! I’m definitely enjoying being on the MOH side of wedding planning more than the bride side. I get to tag along for all of the fun stuff without having to deal with the stress. It’s a pretty sweet gig!

I finished off the weekend by tuning in for the Emmy’s on Sunday night. I watched about half of the broadcast before switching over Breaking Bad but I did get to see one of my favorite actors, Tony Hale, win an Emmy for his role on Veep, which was awesome! I jumped up and down in my living room cheering for him. He’s such a gem! Check out these hilarious clips…



All in all, I would say it was a pretty fantastic weekend! Now back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment