Chalkboard

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Football Season



Well kids, it’s that time of the year again! Football season is among us and I’ve been enjoying all of the pageantry, excitement, and heat exhaustion that come with it over the past 3 weekends. Clay and I have actually been to every game this season, which is incredibly rare for us. Clay usually prefers watching the games from the comfort of our living room and I’m usually doing school work during the games. Last year I went to exactly one half of a game and Clay was recovering from surgery so he made it to zero, which wasn’t such a bummer considering how poorly Auburn performed last season. 

Touchdown Auburn!
 This year it truly has been “a new day” for Auburn football and we’ve had a really great time getting into it all. For the first two games we didn’t tailgate but got to watch Tigerwalk then we headed into the stadium early to catch the band and pregame festivities. Last weekend my parents and their friends finally held their tailgate so we spent most of the day hanging out with friends, eating delicious food, and watching all of the other big games. We had some much fun a got to see some of our old friend, which is always awesome. Unfortunately my mom has all of the pictures on her phone and hasn’t sent them to me yet so I don’t really have any to share with you (story of my life, right?).  

My parents got to stand on the sideline during warmups last week. You can kind of see my dad in this picture. He's the white blobs in the middle of all the orange! It was pretty funny, I was taking pictures of them while they were taking pictures of us. Dad said he got some really cool photos. I can't wait to see them!

I’m not sure how many more games we’ll make it to this season but we’re really enjoying Coach Malzahn and we’ll be cheering on the Tigers from wherever we are!

In other news, Mom and I cleaned up MeMaw’s headboard and finally put it up in our guest bedroom. I think it looks great! I love the bow detail in the wood and little tiny beaded trim, which is incredibly hard to see in the picture. Also, part 2 of my Netflix picks are up on Nerd Soup so check it out if you feel so inclined! 

No comments:

Post a Comment